Pepper & Spinach Dahl
- 1x red onion (large), small diced
- 1 x red pepper, small diced
- 1x heaped tsp curry powder
- 3x cloves of garlic, crushed
- 150g split red lentils, washed
- 1x tbsp miso paste
- 1x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml water
- 75g creamed coconut block
- 50g spinach, chopped
- 1x tbsp of lemon or lime juice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Share this recipe:
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium size pan and fry the onions and pepper for about 5 mins, add the curry powder and garlic and stir well.
- Pour in the lentils, miso paste, chopped tomatoes and water. Stir and bring to the boil, simmer for approx. 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the creamed coconut and simmer for a further 5 mins or until thick and creamy.
- Just before serving add the spinach and lime/lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed
- Serve with a fresh green salad, flatbread, rice, or cauliflower rice.